We are apostolic contemplatives who model, communicate and teach contemplative Carmelite experience to those in the world through
- Carmelite Feast Day Masses and enrollment in the Brown Scapular
- Annual Novena to St. Therese at St. Peter Church
- Carmelite-themed seminars
- Prayer for the Universal Church and our parishes
Teresian Prayer Groups
Ascension Catholic Church, Kettering, Ohio - 6:30pm Tuesdays
First Tuesday of the month
Ascension Catholic Church, Kettering, Ohio - 6:30pm Wednesdays
Third Wednesday of the month
St. Paul Catholic Church, Yellow Springs, Ohio - Wednesdays -
Rosary 5:40pm, Mass 6:00pm, Prayer Group 6:40pm
Second and Fourth Wednesdays of the month
Feast Day Masses
Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel - July 16, 2016
Ascension Catholic Church
6:15 Evening Prayer
Enrollment in Brown Scapular and Reception following Mass
Feast of St. Teresa of Avila - October 15, 2016
Prayer for Local Parishes (2017)
- January - St. Teresa Catholic Church (Springfield)
- February - Mary, Help of Christians (Fairborn)
- March - Church of the Incarnation (Centerville)
- April - St. Brigid Catholic Church (Xenia)
- May - St. Peter Catholic Church (Huber Heights)
- June - St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church (Dayton)
- July - St. Albert the Great (Kettering)
- August - St. Benedict the Moor Catholic Church (Dayton)
- September - Queen of Martyrs (Dayton)
- October - Precious Blood Catholic Church (Dayton)
- November - St. Patrick Church (Troy)
- December - Holy Trinity Catholic Church (Dayton)
Carmelite Conversations is a weekly radio program hosted two members of our community: Mark Danis and Frances Harry. The program centers on the teachings of Carmelite Spirituality and their application to our busy modern lives. It provides counsel on how to live the Carmelite call to combine contemplative prayer with service to the Church, while at the same time providing guidance on how to make progress in holiness.
Prayer to St. Joseph, Patron of the Universal Church
O GLORIOUS St. Joseph, you were chosen by God to be the foster father of Jesus, the most pure spouse of Mary, ever Virgin, and the head of the Holy Family. You have been chosen by Christ's Vicar as the heavenly Patron and Protector of the Church founded by Christ. Protect the Sovereign Pontiff and all bishops and holy priests united with him. Be the protector of all who labor for souls amid the trials and tribulations of this life; and grant that all peoples of the world may be docile to the Church without which there is no salvation.
I pray especially this month for parish, priests, and deacons at...
Dear St. Joseph, accept the offering I make to you. Be my father, protector, and guide in the way of salvation. Obtain for me purity of heart and a fervent love for the interior life. After your example, let all my actions be directed to the greater glory of God, in union with the Divine Heart of Jesus, the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and your own paternal heart. Finally, pray for me that I may share in the peace and joy of your holy death. Amen.
Secular Order of Discalced Carmelites
Community of Our Mother of Good Counsel, Dayton, Ohio
"Mission: to know God so that He may be known."